Butterfly Haven Castle (Bruce Mitchell)
|Bruce Mitchell Biography
Bruce is Lover, Mystic, Father,
Spiritual Website Creator.
He has also been Videographer, Healer, Guesthouse Manager.
He has no speciality. He aims to care for and illuminate all things in the Web of Life.
Health & Healing
- Flower Essence Practitioner Certificate with FES (Flower Essence Society).
- Diploma in Reflexology with Chris Stormer.
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage with Nandini.
- Aromatherapy Bodywork Certificate with Shirley Price Aromatherapy.
- Qualifications also in:
Shiatsu; G-Jo Acupressure; Colour Therapy; Health & Nutritional
Science; Basic Anatomy &
Physiology; First Aid; Suicide Prevention; Divorce Mediation; NLP; Beauty Care & Personality.
- Attended other healing
courses like: Spiritual Healing, Esoteric Healing, Crystal Healing,
Chinese Medicine, Metamorphic Technique, Bach Flower Remedies.
- Vegan basically since 2017 (Vegetarian for most of my adult life; I sometimes use honey, UK bank notes, wool, leather [but not my belts or wallet]; I may use non-vegan food for pets; I do kill micro-organisms on my skin or in the air
daily [as we all do]; I try not to kill bigger bugs, but do sometimes
[usually I leave them be or rescue them]; I might eat insects or even
meat in a dire survival situation).
Two sacred sons raised in an Attachment Parenting lifestyle.
of my Sons: Thanks to their sacred mother, they were both
drug-free, home births. The second birth we deliberately chose an unassisted water birth. It was only her and me at the birth. I caught the sacred one underwater, so special!
- Breastfeeding of my Sons: Thanks to the love of their mother, they received natural/"extended" breastfeeding, the elder till age 4½, the younger till age 3.
- Welcoming Consciousness home study course by Dr Wendy McCarty.
- Doula training with Sharon Ledbetter of The Birthing Family Center.
- Workshops/Courses also done in: Breastfeeding Education; Attachment Parenting with CSPCC (Canadian Society for Prevention of Cruelty for Children).
- Very basic French & Spanish.
- Diploma in Spanish (240 hours to Level 4) with Academia Andaluza.
- BSc (Hons) Open 2:1 and an associated BSc.
- Diploma of Higher Education Open [like a Foundation Degree].
- Five Certificates: (1) Natural Sciences; (2) Contemporary Science; (3) Higher Education in Social Sciences; (4) Higher Education in Natural Sciences; (5) Higher Education Open.
- 30 modules passed.
- 395 credits at Level 1; 165 credits at Level 2; 120 credits at Level 3 (as one credit is 10 hours of learning, 120 credits is one year of full-time study, these 680 credits are nearly six years full-time study or 6800 hours of learning). Details here.
- Travelled to 41 (of ±200) countries and 6 (of 7) continents. But I haven't flown since 2015, only used public transport since 2020.
Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver.
- 'Basic Survival Course' Certificate.
- Vehicle training
includes: Advanced Driving; Carjacking Prevention; Off-Road; Motorcycle
Experienced Rider; Superbike School; Yacht Hand & Skipper; HGV.
- Other adventures include: parachute and bungy jumps (not at the same time!), swimming with wild dolphins, Total Warrior, Horses as Teachers.
- As of 2022, I am adventuring - or educating - deeply into BDSM and kink at FetLife! This is very relevant to my research on Animal, Human and Angel.
- Martial Arts. Trained briefly in: Tai Chi, Karate (Kumi Sooku), Aikido (AFSA), Judo (Jimmy Delaney), Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Combat Submission Wrestling (Rick Young), Target Focus Training (Tim Larkin).
- Kettlebells. I love kettlebells and have worked with them for over 10 years. In 2011, I attended two basic kettlebell workshops with Mike Mahler. I love how they can be done at home with little equipment. Bodyweight exercises - which I also do regularly - are great for me too!
- Yoga. I have practised yoga on and off for most of my adult life. Every day I do Surya Namaskar (Salute to the Sun).
- Dance. Trained briefly in: Flamenco, Salsa, Ballroom
& Latin, Middle Eastern, Scottish Country, Historical, Partner Work, Modern,
Expression, Biodanza, 5Rhythms, Shamanic Trance Dance, Shakti Dance,
Sufi Whirling, Circle Dancing, Eurhythmy, Paneurhythmy, Sacred Dance. Notable teachers include: Denise Stephani; Masha-Ël; Alex 'El Gato' & Laura Tiguerona. Completed the one year 'Curso Preliminario' of Alianza Flamenca (taught by Tina Delyannis, examined by Linda Vargas). Every day
I dance passionately for Great Spirit, for Unity, for Joy, for
- So many workshops and trainings by diverse teachers over 30+ years! My highlights
would be work with Lilla Bek, Dr Jean Houston, and Celtic shaman Ceridwen (Ceridwen Gwynne-James, Pontweli, Wales).
Science widely studied, including: yoga, pranayama (breath work), astrology, alchemy,
anthropogeny, Kabbala, sacred geometry, numerology, esoteric
psychology, transpersonal psychology, parapsychology, the human subtle energy
system, tarot, symbolism, angels and mysticism.
- Claregate College Diploma of Esoteric Science (details there, click to left on 'Courses'). After its completion, Bruce was also awarded two esoteric degrees: Bachelor of Esoterc Science (B. ESc.) and Bachelor of Esoteric Astrology.
- The White Eagle School of Astrology Primary Certificate.
- Self-work with aim of serving Great Spirit. Daily work with physical body, emotions, mind and Spirit.
- See 'Community Work'.
Magda Inglethorpe and Janine Sandler at their College of Esoteric
Sciences in Johnannesburg (South Africa) from 1988-1991. This involved
a disciplined lifestyle of yoga, pranayama, study of esoteric science and astrology.
- Alongside Denise Stephani, created a Magical Castle and a Sorcerer's Cave in Cape Town. The project
engineer said very few Cape builders could have achieved this. It was a 4-star
self-catering guesthouse. It also ran kid's birthday parties and helped
the disadvantaged. It featured on SABC's Free Spirit magazine TV show. Butterfly Haven Castle hyperlinks
still exist 10 years after its 2007 closure. Read/see more here...
Services & Products Offered
by Bruce Mitchell
Butterfly Haven Castle
by Bruce Mitchell & Denise Stephani
by Bruce Mitchell
by Bruce Mitchell
Bruce's Open University Modules