- Global Dimming (BBC Horizon, 2005)
[This documentary explains how human-caused atmospheric pollution acts as
a mirror (to the Sun). It has cooled the Earth and masked global
warming (due to human-caused greenhouse gases). As we stop polluting - as we must, for health and weather
reasons - global warming will accelerate rapidly. So, a 10°C/18°F
increase is likely by 2100. Also see here.] [42m].
- Wake Up, Freak Out - then Get a Grip (Leo Murray, 2008) [11m34s].
- Climate change is simple (David Roberts, TEDx, 2012) [17m43s].
- Prof. Will Steffen explains the Climate Crisis in 2 minutes (2016) [2m12s].
- Three Seconds (Spencer Sharp & Prince Ea, #Film4Climate 1st Prize Short Film Winner, 2016)
[If you condense Earth's lifespan of 4.5 billion years into one day,
will humans survive to the fourth second of their presence on Earth?] [4m17s].
- What's the Big Deal With a Few Degrees? (Global Weirding with Prof Katharine Hayhoe, 2019)
[In daily life, ambient temperature changes a lot, so why panic? In the
CEE the temperature change is a global average, so it can be compared
to a prolonged fever in the human body. A few degrees difference can be
very debilitating and dangerous. And it is happening so fast.] [9m4s].
Change: The Facts
(BBC, 2019 documentary with David Attenborough) [57m34s].
(BBC, 2020 documentary with David Attenborough) [58m].
- 13 educational videos (The Story of Stuff
Project, 2021) [from 2m to 22m].
- Too late to stop Climate Change? (ClimateAdam, 2020) [Fun, educational] [5m24s].
it time to reassess our relationship with nature? (BBC Ideas, 2020) [4m44s].
- The Shaman's Message (Instituto Socioambiental, 2020) [Powerful] [2m15s].
- 'We're looking at Billions of People not being able to Survive' (Peter Carter & Roger Hallam, 2021) [41m20s].
- Greta Thunberg speech (Schwarzenegger Climate Initiative, July 2021; also see here) [Brilliant, speaking truth to power] [7m17s].
- How the Media helped create Climate Change (George Monbiot, Double Down News, 2021) [9m39s].
- Honest Government Ad - Carbon Capture and Storage (The Juice Media, 2021) [4m44s].
- Climate Paradox (Beril Sirmacek, 2021)
[The Climate Paradox is that - due to Global Dimming - any reduction in
fossil fuels will lead to rapid catastrophic warming due to the lost
polluting-yet-reflective atmospheric aerosols. Solution = masses of
Arctic mirrors, then simultaneously: reduce industrial emissions, stop
fossil fuels and agricultural methane, rewild the planet.].
- CEE Quotes (PWP).
- The Truth About Climate Change
(Mark Cranfield) [Twitter account that tends to cut
through political/economic/scientific ignorance, greenwashing,
- Climate Emergency Centres (CEC) [Establish one in your community!].
- Natural Climate Solutions.
- So you're ready to take action against climate change... (J Ferorelli, 2018) [Flowchart].
- An Audacious Toolkit: Actions Against Climate Breakdown Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (Prof Julia Steinberger, Medium, 2018).
- How to live with the climate crisis without becoming a nihilist
Kalmus, Los Angeles Times, 2019).
- We Can Use Less Energy and Still Have Good
Lives (Gizmodo, 2020).
living for all does not have to cost the Earth (Leeds University, 2020).
- 'We've had so many wins': why the green
movement can overcome climate crisis (Fiona Harvey, The Guardian, 2020).
- How affluent people can end their mindless
overconsumption (Jag Bhalla & Eliza Barclay, Vox, 2020).
- 9 things you can do about climate change (Imperial College, 2021)
- 5 best and 5 worst things a person can do for the climate (Peter Kalmus, 2021).
- Population Control & Cybertron
& Elysium (PWP).
- Decolonize Conservation (Survival) [also join the call here!].
- Stop using China as an excuse for inaction on climate change (George Monbiot, The Guardian, 2015)
[Invoking Yellow Peril tropes over China’s carbon footprint fails
to recognise the fact its energy use is tied to our consumption, the
country’s coal demand is dropping and Chinese people care more
about climate than we do].
- Climate action must now focus on the global
rich and their corporations (The Conversation, 2018).
- Beware far-right arguments
disguised as environmentalism (The Conversation, 2020).
- Deep Adaptation (Prof Jem Bendell, 2020).
richest 1% cause double CO2 emissions of poorest 50%, says Oxfam
- Johnson's pledges on the environment are
worthless. Worse is how cynical they are (George Monbiot, The Guardian, 2020).
- 'Uninhabitable hell': UN report lays bare the
reality of climate change
- Capitalism Will Ruin the Earth by 2050, Scientists Say (Vice, 2020) [Degrowth!].
Climate Movement Must Be Ready To Challenge Rising Right-Wing Environmentalism
(Sam Knights, Jacobin, 2020) [On ecofascism].
- 1% of people cause half of global aviation
emissions – study (The
soils underpin life but future looks ‘bleak’, warns UN report (The
- Climate change:
Global 'elite' will need to slash high-carbon lifestyles (BBC, 2020).
- Facing Extinction (Catherine Ingram, 2021) [A great overview, but, for me, too much doom, not enough Angel - though she and others will see me as delusional].
- Top scientists warn of 'ghastly future of mass extinction' and climate disruption (The Guardian, 2021).
- UN global climate poll: ‘The people’s voice is clear – they want action’ (The Guardian, 2021) [Two-thirds think it's a global emergency].
- There’s a simple answer to climate change. But will capitalism allow it? (Bill McGuire, Prospect, 2021) [Degrowth].
- Climate activism isn’t making young people anxious. Climate change is (Natasha Abhayawickrama, The Guardian, 2021).
Natural Family Living
People and Ageing
- Natural Family Living
- Life - Wendy Priesnitz
- Peggy O'Mara -
website of former editor of Mothering
magazine - The home for Natural Family Living.
- Wondrous Beginnings
- Wendy McCarty, Prenatal & Perinatal Psychology pioneer.
Motherworld is the society where mothers and
the values of mothering – love, care and support for each
other, and for our
Mother Earth and all Her creatures and nature – are placed in
the centre of our
lives, rather than being left out on the periphery [also
- Big Life Issues (PWP).
- wikiHow - Free
helpful advice on how to do almost anything with a supportive community.
Causes, Activism & World Change
- Unity Obstacles - Political Machinations (PWP).
- MotherWorld Political
destruction and chaos has become the new way of governing
- Noam Chomsky: The world is at the most
dangerous moment in human history (New Statesman, 17 September 2020).
is now a mafia state
does the right keep pretending the left runs Britain? (The
[Trump/Republicans/GOP does the same in the USA].
- Should citizens assemblies be mandatory? (The Guardian, 2020).
is in decline. Here’s how we can revive it (The Correspondent, 2020)
[Explains ‘Citizens’ Assemblies’ simply yet in-depth].
- The Trial of Julian Assange Should Terrify
Everyone (Matt Kennard, DDN, 2020).
- The case for global free movement - Bridges not Borders (Global Justice Now, 2018) [Comic book simply explains how we need to treat immigration].
Organisations & Resources
Culture & Philosophy
- Underclass &
Fragility: Why It's So Hard to Talk to White People about Racism
(Dr Robin DiAngelo, PhD, 2015).
Ways Spiritual Thinking Can Reinforce Oppression and Racism
(Virginia Rosenberg, Decolonizing Yoga, 2016) [Sorry, but link is currently not working].
Why racism in US is worse than in Europe (BBC, 2018).
the legacy of America's blackface (BBC, 2019).
the term 'racist' be redefined? (BBC, 2019) [Racism as action or inaction - rather than a permanent label. Racism as systemic - more than individual.].
- 'I want my
be proud they're black' (BBC, 2020).
- How the long fight for slavery reparations
is slowly being won
- A corporate, commodified Black History Month is taking hold. We can't let it (Malaika Jabali, The Guardian, 2021).
- The invention of whiteness: the long history of a dangerous idea (Robert P Baird, The Guardian, 2021)
[Before the 17th century, people did not think of themselves as
belonging to something called the white race. But once the idea was
invented, it quickly began to reshape the modern world.].
- Ten years after the English riots, the government is still in denial about racism (Chloe Peacock, The Guardian, 2021).
- No more white saviours, thanks: how to be a true anti-racist ally (Nova Reid, The Guardian, 2021).