Gold Leaves Orb
Do we need money?
The Sun does not require payment for all its light and warmth and energy:
"Even after all this time,
the sun never says to the earth "You owe me". Look what happens with
a love like that. It lights the whole sky." (Hafiz)
The Earth does not charge money for all its abundance.
All it asks for is for us to honour and respect Her, as if we do not we are likely to go extinct, as we are now learning...
"No one owns the water.
No one owns the land.
one owns the oceans.
No one owns the sand.
These are given by our Mother.
Planet provides for free.
Only by the hands of the greedy, does the Earth
require a fee."
Animals do not need money:-
Tribal People do not need money:-
- Bees are some of the most organised animals and
they don’t need money.
- A herd of horses or elephants don’t have money.
- A pack of wolves or dogs don’t need money.
Will modern or future man need money?
- Many tribal people simply share and cooperate
without the need for money.
when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish
been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." (Cree Proverb)
is the true dictator of the world.' (Seen on internet)
- ‘The first man who, having fenced in a piece of
land, said "This is mine," and found people naive enough to believe
him, that man was the true founder of civil society. From how many crimes,
wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have
saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to
his fellows: Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once
forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to
nobody.’ (Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Discourse on Inequality, 1754)
conversation in the Star
Trek: First Contact movie (48 minutes 6 seconds):-
"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money
doesn't exist in the 24th century."
Lily Sloane: "No
money! You mean you don't get paid?"
"The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives.
We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity."
- a world where creativity is the ideal and where money was deemed too
archaic and restrictive for human evolution (Anna Louise Simpson, tweet 2
October 2016, accessed 16 October 2016)
- If there is to be any peace it will come through
being, not having. (Henry Miller)
- Simplicity and Simplicity Quotes - including Tribal Wisdom (PWP).
- Subsistence Economy (Wikipedia) [These are often moneyless].
- The Venus Project proposes a resource-based economy, freed from money (2017).
[Science is placed before profit. However, it seems to lack spiritual
depth. For example, the same resource may offer vastly
different possibilities, as with the difference between using land for vegetarian
versus meat diets.].
- A world without money (Jade Saab, TEDx Talk, 2018)
[Money is an extreme idea. It has created a world of extremes. We need
to unleash the Commons (communal ownership) - a shift of most ownership
away from Companies (e.g. Capitalism) and States (e.g. Communism) to Communities (e.g. Private Sufficiency & Public Luxury). Energy is then less abused. More egalitarian societies are created.] [14m44s].
- A world without money (Jade Saab, Medium, 2018).
- A World without Money: Today Non-monetary Societies (Martina Advaney, Youth Time Magazine, 2018).
No Money Quotes