|Home||Natural Family Living||Big Life Issues||Death & Immortality
||The Invisible World & Superpowers||Solar Culture & Sun||Community Work||Services &
Syringe and ? Bottle
Phone E-card (Anonymous)
is a highly emotive and important issue. For some vaccination is
hailed as one of the greatest inventions of the past few hundred years,
and credited with saving the world (e.g. see here
or here). For others, vaccination is misguided and even medically
unethical and criminally negligent. It is this viewpoint that receives
attention here, so you can be more fully informed. There are currently
200 Years of Official Statistics and Graphs
The decline of infectious disease is said to have occurred naturally and before vaccination, and is largely down to improved sanitation, less overcrowding, better nutrition and living conditions. For example, the eradication of smallpox happened naturally. See here (accessed 28 May 2013) for 200 years of official statistics and graphs, as well as heated discussions.
19 Things You'll Want to Know Before You Vaccinate
Mary Bloomer here (accessed 28 May 2013), written especially for the USA, but with great relevance for all of us:-
1. If your child is harmed or killed by a vaccine you cannot sue the manufacturer of the vaccine or the doctor.
2. If your child is harmed or killed by a vaccine, you’re on your own for medical expenses and therapies.
3. If you think VAERS (the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System) will provide a safety net, guess again. Two of every three submissions are excluded and the cases that are accepted linger in court for years. The system is designed to make you give up.
4. Having said that, for those brave parents who fought to the end, nearly two billion has been paid out in compensation. Where does the money in VAERS come from? From YOU – every vaccine has an excise tax (from $.75 – $2.25 depending on the vaccine) Shouldn’t the drug companies pay that? Silly me, that would take money from the lobbyists!
5. Vaccines contain very questionable ingredients like thimerosol which is 50% mercury (no it hasn’t been removed from all shots), aluminum, formaldehyde, polysorbate 80, antibiotics, yeast protein, fetal bovine serum, monosodium glutamate, chick embryo cell culture, aborted fetal tissue (WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts), egg protein, latex rubber, Latham medium derived from bovine casein (think milk allergy!) monkey kidney cells, 2-phenoxyethanol, pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain and many more! [Also see here, here, here, cartoon below.]
6. Vaccines are publicly traded pharmaceuticals – drug companies have an obligation to the shareholders to generate revenue.
7. Because you can’t sue the drug company for a vaccine reaction this is where the drug companies are putting their future profits. Forget new antibiotics, lets pump out more vaccines!
8. Just the Hep-B vaccine given to newborns makes ONE BILLION dollars annually for Merck and unless you’re an IV drug user or a prostitute, your child really doesn’t need it.
9. Once you vaccinate (and damage is done) you can’t un-vaccinate.
10. Thanks to better hygiene, clean water and sanitation, childhood illnesses like polio, measles and mumps, were all declining before the introduction of the vaccines (too much credit is given to vaccine efficacy!)
11. If you have older children and are considering adding the Gardasil HPV vaccine to your child’s vaccine schedule, it might interest you to know that 121 young girls (and one boy) have died from this vaccine and there have been nearly 27,500 injuries.
12. Read the package insert on the vaccine your child may receive BEFORE it’s given – pay close attention to the adverse reactions.
14. Vaccines by-pass the body’s normal immune response. When a child gets an illness like measles they have lifelong natural immunity. Vaccines provide only temporary immunity.
15. Antibodies in the blood stream do not necessarily mean immunity. This is likely why many outbreaks of measles and whooping cough occur in fully vaccinated children.
16. Vaccinating a child for chickenpox increases the chances of shingles as an adult.
17. Not all doctors think vaccines are safe and effective.
18. If you want to know if the number of vaccines your child will receive are right for your child, use this Vaccine Ingredients Calculator.
19. If you do vaccinate, learn to recognize the signs of a vaccine reaction.
Serum straight from the horse inoculation caricature
The People's Chemist on Herd Immunity and why he doesn't vaccinate his children
The People's Chemist (here, accessed 28 May 2013) gives three reasons why he doesn't vaccinate his children:-
Ten Myths and Truths about Vaccination
Ten myths and truths about vaccination by Alan Philips can be found here or here (both accessed 28 May 2013). Here is a summary:-
(1) Myth = "Vaccines are completely safe..."
(2) Myth = "Vaccines are very effective..."
(3) Myth = "Vaccines are the main reason for low
disease rates in the U.S. today..."
(4) Myth = "Vaccination is based on sound
immunization theory and practice..."
(5) Myth = "Childhood diseases are extremely
(6) Myth = "Polio was one of the clearly great
vaccination success stories..."
(7) Myth = "My child had no short-term reaction to
vaccination, so there is nothing to worry about..."
(8) Myth = "Vaccines are the only disease
prevention option available..."
(9) Myth = "Vaccinations are legally mandated, and
(10) Myth = "Public health officials always place
health above all other concerns..."
The Hygiene Hypothesis and Building Immunity
A principle which I have followed is that exposure to local germs and disease can be an immune system building experience. Just make sure you lay the foundation with the likes of breastfeeding and healthy living.
The hygiene hypothesis states that a lack of early childhood exposure to infectious agents, symbiotic microorganisms (e.g. gut flora or probiotics), and parasites increases susceptibility to allergic diseases by suppressing natural development of the immune system. (Wikipedia, accessed 28 May 2013) [Also see here, here, here and here.]
Pox parties that were popular historically worked on a similar principle, that natural exposure produces natural immunity.
However, in conditions where circumstances are dire (e.g. lack of food, lack of clean water, lack of sewerage, political instability) - as in parts of Africa - the immune system may be extremely undermined and other methods may be relevant. Even then, adequate nutrition, good sanitation and clean water are likely to be more important than vaccination.
Anyway, my choice was not to vaccinate my children and to build immunity by, for example:-
order to understand the 'safety' of vaccines you have to know several things,
including how a baby's immune system works from birth onwards, and what
vaccines do biochemically in the body. That work has never been done."